OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.
DATE: WEDNESDAY 6 JULY 2016
THEME: THE BLAMELESS VESSEL
“Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.” Isaiah 52:11
Read: 1 Timothy 3:1-7, (KJV)
1. This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of A Bishop, he desireth a good work.
2. A Bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3. Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4. One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5. (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6. Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7. Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
A. One thing that anyone who wants to be used by God should bear in mind is the need to be blameless.
1. This is The Prerequisite for a child of God who wants to serve God at any level. 2. The Bible says in 1 Timothy 3:1-2a:
“This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of A Bishop, he desireth a good work. A Bishop then must be blameless….”
3. Being blameless has two advantages: Firstly, it saves the vessel the calamity of being destroyed by the User, The Almighty God.
4. When a person volunteers to serve The Lord, it is dangerous for the fellow to be unclean, because the holiness of God destroys unclean vessels, just like electric current without insulation.
5. There is a measure of holiness that God Himself bestowed upon man through obedience to His Word, which qualifies man to serve Him.
6. The Bible says concerning Isaiah, how he admitted his sinful state, then God purified and cleansed him of his iniquity to qualify as a true prophet (Isaiah 6:5).
7. Then, The Angel of The Lord came and touched him with fire from Heaven and he was purged of his iniquity.
8. Here, we see The Mercy of God upon The Vessel that He decided to use for His glory.
B. There is a lesson we must learn from this scripture: the prophet admitted his sinful state and God came to his aid for cleansing.
1. How wonderful would it be if those who profess to be Children and Ministers of God will be homely with The Verdict of God concerning the Adamic nature of man and surrender to His holiness for mercy?
2. The second advantage of a blameless vessel is that his life glorifies The Almighty God.
3. God is honoured in his life and He shows-off the fellow, then ultimately prospers and protects him eternally.
4. “And The Lord said unto Satan, has thou considered My Servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?” Job 1:8
5. Though Job suffered many trials, but just as The Bible says, his end was better than his beginning;
6. “So The Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning….”
Action Point :
Father, I want to be blameless, please help me to live a life of obedience to Your Word and let Your Name be glorified in my life in The Name of Jesus. Amen!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Acts 27-28 and Song of Solomon 8:8-14
AUTHOR: Pastor E. A ADEBOYE
HYMN: A VESSEL OF HONOUR
A Vessel of Honour
1. In a great house there are vessels,
Some of wood and some of clay.
There are great ones and small ones,
You can choose the ones you may.
Some for service, some for beauty,
Others bear refreshing wine.
Lord, I care not how you use me,
Please just hear this prayer of mine.
Make me a vessel unto honour,
The fame of this world, I refuse.
Sanctify me, cleanse me, and fill me,
Meet for the Master’s own use.
Lord, my vessel is empty;
It is purged from dross and sin,
By your precious blood on Calv’ry.
It has cleansed me now within.
Tho’ unworthy for Your service,
Yet Your grace is mine today;
So I offer You my vessel
For Your use and this I pray.
Yes, I’ll be meet for the Master’s own use.
A Vessel Of Honour
1. A vessel of honor, I’m longing to be
As clay to the potter, May I be to Thee.
You may have to break down resistance at times,
But Lord don’t stop molding and shaping my life.
Shape me dear Father, please make me like You,
Mold me completely, so I can be true
And if You have to break me may I understand
You’re still loving and molding my life in Your hands.
2. It would be such disservice resource would be nil
If clay rejects the potter and seeks it’s own will.
It could be only cast out to the old potters field
Please don’t cast me out Master, put me back on the wheel
Chorus x 2
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!