OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL…
DATE : FRIDAY 12 AUGUST 2016
THEME: THE CHRISTIAN RACE!
“And if a man also strive for masteries, Yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.” 2 Timothy 2:5
Read: Philippians 3:13-17, (KJV)
13. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do,
forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those
things which are before,
14. I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing
ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
16. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule,
let us mind the same thing.
17. Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
A. Apostle Paul admonished us in his epistle to forget those things that are behind us as we journey through the pilgrimage of this earth.
1. We should not allow the things of this world to distract us from the goal of eternal dwelling.
2. A Christian cannot lay hold on that which he strives for if he is still distracted by the ephemerals of life.
3. The greater a person grows in the knowledge of Christ, the greater his desire to be with Jesus will be.
4. This is why my hope for Heaven is strong.
5. As a Christian who wants to dwell with Jesus, you have to deliberately submit yourself to the narrow way of Christian living.
6. We must give our attention to those things that will endure the passing of this material world.
B. As a soldier of the cross, you must allow your life to be influenced by those whose minds are set on things above.
1. We must live up to the spiritual nature of The Gospel after which we are called.
2. We must continue to grow in The Grace and Knowledge of God.
3. It is necessary to allow The Word of God to direct your life as you press on to greater spiritual heights.
4. This is the only way you will be able to communicate the nature and character of God to the world.
5. We have to submit ourselves to The Gospel, and allow the Head of The Church (Jesus Christ) to give us direction in all our ways if we are to end as Divine Champions.
C. Those who will be Champions for Christ will be people of rugged determination who have set their minds on certain goals. 1. They will pursue these goals relentlessly until they begin to see the kind of reward they desire in Christ.
2. You will never find a believer who understands The Nature of The Heavenly race retreating because he is being discouraged.
3. They will never give any excuse for non-performance neither will they allow failure to be placed at their door step.
4. They have only one life to live and they do everything to please Jesus Christ, the Author and Finisher of their lives.
5. There are many people who have lost their miracles and blessings because they stopped too soon.
6. They were not determined enough, they gave in to certain impossibilities as they journeyed through life.
7. This is a lie of the devil to cheat you of your blessings in Christ Jesus.
D. Nothing is ever impossible before God according to Luke 1:37.
1. Luke 1:37
For with God nothing will be impossible.”
2. In my little walk with Jesus, I have met a lot of people who said what they wanted to do at some point in their lives was impossible.
2. The moment you agree that it is impossible, it becomes impossible.
3. There are people who believe that it is impossible to live Holy and this is why Holiness is not a venture for them.
4. Unfortunately, it is a strategy of the devil to deny them the blessings of living a holy life.
5. There are young converts who have been discouraged by their leaders.
6. They discovered that there is a great difference between what their leaders teach and what they practice, hence they give up their faith.
7. This is why it is very dangerous to put your trust in any human being.
E. Put your trust in God because He is the only one who will never fail you.
1. Make Jesus your Senior Partner.
2. Know that if God is for you, nobody can be against you.
3. Know that if God is The One backing you up, there is no amount of conspiracy against your life that will ever come to pass.
4. No matter the size of the enemy and the direction of the attack, you are Divinely secured.
Father, please let me finish my race without losing any battle in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Bible in one year: Isaiah 11:1-14:27 and Psalms 33:1-11
AUTHOR: Pastor E. A ADEBOYE
HYMN: WATCH AND PRAY!
1. Christian, seek not yet repose,
Cast thy dreams of ease away;
Thou art in the midst of foes:
Watch and pray.
2. Principalities and powers,
Mustering their unseen array,
Wait for thy unguarded hours:
Watch and pray.
3. Gird thy heavenly armor on,
Wear it ever, night and day;
Ambushed lies the evil one:
Watch and pray.
4. Hear the victors who o’ercame;
Still they mark each warrior’s way;
All with one sweet voice exclaim,
“Watch and pray.”
5. Hear, above all, hear Thy Lord,
Him thou lovest to obey;
Hide within thy heart His word,
“Watch and pray.”
6. Watch, as if on that alone
Hung the issue of the day;
Pray that help may be sent down:
Watch and pray. Amen! EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!