OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.
DATE: TUESDAY 27TH SEPTEMBER 2016
THEME: THE GREAT PROVIDER!
“But My God shall supply all your need according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
Read: Mark 6:35-42
6:35. And when the day was now far spent, His Disciples came unto Him, and said, This is a desert place, and now the time is far passed:
6:36. Send them away, that they may go into the country round about, and into the villages, and buy themselves bread: for they have nothing to eat.
6:37. He answered and said unto them, Give ye them to eat. And they say unto Him, Shall we go and buy two hundred pennyworth of bread, and give them to eat?
6:38. He saith unto them, How many loaves have ye? Go and see. And when they knew, they say, Five, and two fishes.
6:39. And He commanded them to make all sit down by companies upon the green grass.
6:40. And they sat down in ranks, by hundreds, and by fifties.
6:41. And when he had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and brake the loaves, and gave them to his disciples to set before them; and the two fishes divided he among them all.
6:42. And they did all eat, and were filled.
A. The Almighty God is well known as ‘The Lord who provides.’
1. God is The Provider and supplier of the needs of all creation, but He gives special attention to His own people.
2. Psalms 145:16 says: “Thou openest Thine Hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing. He provides for all people.”
3. Our God is A Gracious Father, He does not only provide the needs of His children, He also protects their interest.
4. He Crowns His children with Glory, and as a Consuming Fire, burns anyone that messes around with their royalty and honour.
5. Three of God’s children, crowned by God with Glory, found themselves in such a situation one day.
6. A king, who virtually ruled the world of their day, thought too highly of himself and wanted to rubbish their glory.
7. He dispatched some hefty men to tie them and hurl them into a burning fiery furnace.
8. At the end, the men he sent were roasted by the fire he set up, while The Consuming Fire was with His Children inside the furnace to protect them and His Glory upon them.
9. They eventually walked majestically out of the furnace into promotion and increased glory (Daniel 3:1-30).
10. This season, any plan to touch God’s Glory on your life shall be destroyed in The Name of Jesus
11. Every fire the enemy kindles against you and your family shall devour that enemy in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
B. You need to know the worth of your Heavenly Father so that you can tap into His resources.
1. The lifestyle of A Child is determined by the status of The Father and the resources controlled by The Father.
2. Philippians 4:19 says: “But My God shall supply all your need according to His Riches in Glory by Christ Jesus.”
3. If your father has a bicycle and you need to get to school, he will let you ride on it.
4. If he has no means of transportation, you will trek.
5. If he has a rickety car, you will ride in it, with passers-by looking with pity at its occupants.
6. But if your father has an exotic car, you will ride in it and be admired by onlookers.
7. Psalms 24:1 says The earth and everything in it belongs to our Father.
8. Haggai 2:8 says He owns all the gold and silver.
9. Psalms 50:10 says He owns all the cattle upon a thousand hills.
10. John 14:3 says in His Heavenly estate there are many mansions.
11. No wonder Philippians 4:19 say My Daddy will supply all my needs according to His Riches in Glory.
12. Needs are met by available resources. Since He has all things, then all your needs shall be met.
13. Call upon The Great Provider and start tapping into The Unlimited Resources of Your Heavenly Father by faith today.
Father, You are The Great Provider, please meet all my needs in Jesus’ Name. Name!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
He Is The Great Provider! The Great Provider! He Will Always Provide For Me! The Great Provider!
HYMN: GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS!
1. “Great is Thy faithfulness,” O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
“Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!”
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
“Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!
2. Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
3. Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!