OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL…
DATE: WEDNESDAY 28TH SEPTEMBER 2016
THEME: NO STOPPING, NO WAITING
“And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”Galatians 6:9
Read: Philippians 3:13-17
3:13. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
3:14. I press toward the mark for The Prize of The High Calling of God in Christ Jesus.
3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
3:16. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
3:17. Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
A. Patience and long-suffering are indispensable virtues for all believers in Christ.
1. In the first place, The Race we are called into can only be run through patience because it is a marathon.
2. Also, there is hardly any promise of God that can be fulfilled in the life of believers without the combination of faith and patience.
3. Hebrews 6:12 “that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.”
4. As indispensable as faith is to a Christian, so also is patience.
5. No wonder it is listed as part of the fruits of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22.
6. Galatians 5:22 “But The Fruit of The Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness,
7. Do you know that when your faith is being tried, God uses that trial to generate patience in you?
8. This implies that the longer the period of trial, the greater your level of patience.
9. But, when you fail to handle a particular trial of faith the way you should, it will not generate the level of patience that it should.
10. For this reason, many who have gone through trials complaining saw God as an opposition and therefore grumbled against Him.
11. In the process, some even abandon the faith.
12. This attitude is contrary to the Word of God as recorded in Hebrews 6:12: “That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.”
B. Children of God must learn not to be weary in well doing because God has promised us a bountiful harvest if we faint not.
1. We must completely trust in His Superior Wisdom to decide the timing of our blessings.
2. For instance, He knows the end of every line of action even at the beginning of that action.
3. This is why you must trust His sense of judgment at all times, because His decisions are not limited to what your eyes can see today but also what may happen tomorrow.
4. Many years ago, while we lived in a part of Lagos that haboured several drug addicts and reckless drivers, my children asked me to buy them a bicycle.
5. When I declined, they failed to understand.
6. But after we relocated from that part of Lagos some years later, without a repeat of that request, I bought them the bicycle.
7. If I had obliged their request the first time, they might not be alive today.
8. God still deals with us based on what He knows about us today and tomorrow.
9. Be sure that the Lord will not give you The Blessings you are not prepared for, lest it destroys you.
10. Whenever an expected blessing is delayed or when faced with difficulties, long-suffering is required to remain composed.
11. Even when the situation appears hopeless, just take time to read and study The Bible, asking God to give you A Word for that situation.
12. Grab whatever God says, obey and follow-up with action, then wait for the result, and you will never be disappointed.
Father, please help me to patiently wait for your perfect timing in all things in Jesus’ name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN: SOFTLY AND TENDERLY JESUS IS CALLING:
1. Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling—
Calling for you and for me;
Patiently Jesus is waiting and watching—
Watching for you and for me!
Come home! come home!
Ye who are weary, come home!
Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling,
Calling, O sinner, come home!
2. Why should we tarry when Jesus is pleading—
Pleading for you and for me?
Why should we linger and heed not His mercies—
Mercies for you and for me?
3. Time is now fleeting, the moments are passing—
Passing from you and from me;
Shadows are gathering, death-beds are coming—
Coming for you and for me!
4. Oh, for the wonderful love He has promised—
Promised for you and for me!
Though we have sinned, He has mercy and pardon—
Pardon for you and for me!
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!