OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL…
DATE: MONDAY 10TH OCTOBER 2016
THEME: FAITH LIKE A CHILD’S?
“And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into The Kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 18:3
Read: Matthew 18:1-6
18:1 At the same time came The Disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in The Kingdom of Heaven?
18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto Him, and set him in the midst of them,
18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into The Kingdom of Heaven.
18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in The Kingdom of Heaven.
18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in My Name receiveth Me.
18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
A. The child-like faith is what everybody requires, not only to make it to Heaven but also to enjoy his or her days on the earth.
1. If we do not believe this because it sounds illogical, we must believe it because Jesus said it.
2. What is then required of us is to pray for the kind of faith that is comparable with that of a little child.
3. The first thing about a little child is that he is very trusting.
4. In my living room several years ago, there used to be a portrait of a little child looking innocent with the inscription; “No Problem”.
5. The faith that will enable us not to see problems but see only God Who specialises in solving problems is the best for us.
6. Another characteristic trait of little children is that they forgive easily. Unlike adults who keep malice, children forgive and forget the wrong done to them almost immediately after it’s done.
7. The Bible says in Ephesians 4:32: “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.”
B. Children fulfil this Biblical injunction freely.
1. Children could be very generous with their things except in some unusual occasions.
2. Without knowing the spiritual implication of their actions, children are tender hearted with their peers.
3. This is exactly what God wants from us.
4. In Colossians 3:12-13, the Bible also says: “Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.”
5. There are many Blessings we will access from The Throne of God our Father if we can begin to take after children.
6. For example, if we freely forgive those who wrong us like a child will do, our prayers will receive quick answers from God.
7. In Mark 11:25, Jesus Christ said: “And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that Your Father also which is in Heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”
C. This instruction that comes from our Lord is simply saying that before we pray, we must first forgive!
1. We can see the reason many of our prayers are not answered; we refuse to forgive.
2. I pray that a user of this devotional will find grace to forgive and be kind hearted in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Father, please help my faith and transform me to be able to forgive freely and be tender hearted in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN: GOD LOVES LITTLE CHILDREN
1. Jesus loves the little children�All the children of the world�Red& yellow,black & white�they’re precious in his sight�Jesus loves the little children of the world.
2. Jesus cares for all the children�All the children of the world�Black and yellow, red and white�They’re all precious in His sight�Jesus cares for the children of the world.
3. Jesus came to save the children�All the children of the world�Black and yellow, red and white�They’re all precious in His sight�Jesus came to save the children of the world.
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!