OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL..
DATE : FRIDAY 4 NOVEMBER 2016
THEME: ENSLAVED BY FALSEHOOD?
Lying lips are abomination to the Lord: but they that deal truly are his delight.” Proverbs 12:22
Read: Genesis 3:1-6 (KJV)
1.Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which The Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2. And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3. But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5. For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
A. There are dangerous traps of the devil set to derail people from inheriting their possessions in Christ Jesus.
1. There are many people who have been deceived and enslaved in falsehood because they were not sensitive.
2. This is why Jesus warned that if care is not taken, even the very elect will fall for the deceits of the devil.
3. By all standards, lies are the devil’s greatest weapons with which he enslaves people into falsehood.
4. A lie is anything other than The Absolute Truth.
5. The first man and woman to exist on the earth were victims of lie when the devil intentionally misinterpreted the instructions that God gave them to keep.
6. It is upon this that The Bible tells us to be as wise as serpents, because the devil will always try to prove to the children of God how ‘unreasonable’ the commandments of God are.
7. You have to make up your mind to obey God rather than question simple instructions that are intended to make you happy and give you rest.
8. The devil will also make efforts to question the reputation of God.
9. Some teachers have taught that one can continue in sin since grace abounds.
10. False teachers will tell you to live your life as you deem it fit because there is liberty in Christ.
11. These are all lies of the devil; those who fall for them will always have woeful experiences.
12. The Scripture tells us not only to hate lies but to keep the utmost distance from it because those who engage in lies are abominable in the sight of God.
B. We need to be men and women who delight in The truths of God in all matters.
1. The problem with human beings is that we always do not appreciate The truth when we find it.
2. There are people who prefer to seek counsel from people that will destroy them through wrong counsels.
3. Some people know that there is nothing biblical about their church, yet they remain in such places.
4. There are various wolves in sheep clothing parading themselves as true prophets sent by God, but if you allow The Lord to open your eyes, you will see clearly who they are.
5. Many people have suffered untold damages in the hands of the fake prophets; this is why you need to be watchful.
6. If you are a liar, or you are engaged in anything fraudulent, you need to stop it before The wrath of God comes upon you.
7. If you are living a life that misrepresents the Kingdom of God, you have to quickly amend your ways before it becomes too late.
8. If you give yourself to ungodly living, you will be enslaved by falsehood because you have refused to retain God in your knowledge.
9. Are you under a ‘man of God’ who is performing miracles, signs and wonders, but whose life does not resemble that of Christ?
10. I will advise that you relocate immediately to where The Truth will find you.
You shall know the Truth and The Truth will set you free in The Name of Jesus. Amen!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : Revelation 12-15 and Psalms 94
AUTHOR : Pastor E. A ADEBOYE
HYMN: TRUST AND OBEY!
1. When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way;
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey,
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear,
Not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss,
Not a frown or a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do;
Where He sends, we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!