OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.
DATE: MONDAY 28 NOVEMBER 2016
A FAITHFUL STEWARD?
“Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.”
1 Corinthians 4:2
Read: Luke 16:1-8 (KJV)
1. And He said also unto His Disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.
2. And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.
3. Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed.
4. I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.
5. So he called every one of his lord’s debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord?
6. And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty.
7. Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore.
8. And The Lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.
A. Faithfulness is another obligation that God requires of us as human beings and particularly as His children.
1. God is faithful and He wants us to resemble Him with this attribute of faithfulness.
2. In our text today, we read about a steward who was found unfaithful and the master was about to sack him, this unfaithful servant then went about from one debtor to another to falsify records in order to please his master.
3. The efforts this steward put up to regain his master’s approval did nothing for the expansion of his master’s business, but the master still commended him.
4. If the unfaithful servant could go to the extent he went in order to remain in service, why can’t The Children of Light go a greater extent to please Our Father in Heaven?
5. The conclusion of our Bible reading says: “And The Lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely; for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than The Children of Light.”
6. Another lesson we can learn from this story is that your upward movement to the next level is predicated upon how well you perform in your present level of operation.
7. Luke 16:11-12 says: “If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteousness mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man’s who shall give you that which is your own?”
B. Beloved, The Lord is interested in promoting you.
1. As a matter of fact, your promotion is long overdue.
2. I am happy to announce to you that this is your time, however, what are you doing with your present level of position?
3. Are you productive or you are hoarding your ideas so that you can have something to use when you come to a leadership position?
4. You are just destroying and delaying your progress if this is your attitude.
5. To be faithful simply means to be full of faith.
6. Do you have faith in the organisation you are working with?
7. You will not be at your best if you don’t have faith in that organisation you work with?
8. Proverbs 22:29 says: “Seest thou a man diligent in his business? He shall stand before kings he shall not stand before mean men.”
C. Daniel was a typical faithful steward.
1. This is how he survived four generations of rulers – Nebuchadnezzar, Darius, Cyrus and Belshazzar.
2. The faithfulness of Mordecai saved the entire Jewish race during the reign of Ahasuerus.
3. My prayer is that you will be highly favoured by the virtue of your faithfulness in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Father, I want to be faithful, please take away from me the spirit of unfaithfulness in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : Exodus 4:1-6:13 and Psalms 109:21-31
AUTHOR: Pastor E. A ADEBOYE
HYMN 4: GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS:
1.“Great is Thy faithfulness,” O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
“Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!”
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
“Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!
2.Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
3.Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!