OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: THURSDAY 12TH JANUARY 2017.
THEME: HIDDEN SOURCE OF BLESSING!
“Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.” Psalm 40:15
Read: Psalm 40:14-17
40:14. Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.
40:15. Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.
40:16. Let all those that seek Thee rejoice and be glad in Thee: let such as love Thy Salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.
40:17. But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: Thou art My Help and My Deliverer; make no tarrying, O My God.
A. When you are connected to the All-Sufficient God, you will not lack any good thing. Why?
1. Bible scholars call Him Jehovah El Shaddai.
2. In other words, He is The “Breasted One”.
3. A baby sucks from the mother’s breasts.
4. Every time the child calls for milk, it is always there.
5. All your needs can be fully satisfied in Christ.
6. Sometime ago at our church in Ebute Metta (Lagos), I taught that when The Almighty God made this declaration: “If ye shall ask any thing in My Name, I will do it.” John 14:14
B. What He is actually saying in the original text, according to Bible scholars, is that if you ask anything from Him that He does not have, He will create if for you. How marvellous!
1. I once told somebody of this and he in turn shared it with his friend.
2. His friend said to him, “if your God is so powerful, why not ask Him to create for you a cow with four heads.”
3. But the man replied, “I don’t need a cow with four heads.
4. I would rather ask God to give me four cows.
5. If you need the heads, you can have them while I keep the rest.”
6. This season, The All-Sufficient One will be more than sufficient for you in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
7. He will meet all your needs and satisfy you right on time in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
C. From the story of the widow in 1 Kings 17:8-16, besides the lesson of help coming just in time, and that of help being delivered every day, another lesson the Holy Spirit will have us pay close attention to is the lesson of the source of help being hidden from outsiders.
1. This is absolutely wonderful! When some evil-minded individuals know that you are doing well and blossoming, they will try all they can to discover the secret of your progress so that they can destroy it.
2. Their purpose may be to erase any leverage or advantage you may have over them.
3. Some people have become victims of such evil minds.
4. But when God hides the source of your blessing, your enemies will try in vain to stop you.
5. This was the experience of the widow.
6. Because there was famine in the land, everyone, including this woman, was starving and losing weight.
7. Then God intervened by sending His Servant to her and he hid in her house.
8. Suddenly, people saw that she was shinning and gaining weight.
9. Her son was looking radiant and everything dramatically improved for them, but nobody could tell how.
10. That will be your portion this season in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
11. The Lord will turn your situation for good and hide the source of your change away from every enemy in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Father, shut the eyes of everyone that would contend with my blessing, so that they will not see it, in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE.
HYMN: THERE SHALL BE SHOWER OF BLESSING!
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy drops ‘round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of blessing–
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
3. There shall be showers of blessing:
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing;
Come, and now honor Thy Word.
4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!