OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL…
DATE : SATURDAY 21 JANUARY 2017
THEME: HOW SELFLESS ARE YOU?
“Even as the Son of Man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give His Life A Ransom for many.” Mathew 20:28
Read: Matthew 20:24-28
24. And when the ten heard it, they were moved with indignation against the two brethren.
25. But Jesus called them unto Him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
26. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
27. And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
28. Even as the Son of Man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give His Life A Ransom for many.
A. The Holy Spirit made it clear that some of the prevailing characteristics of people living in the last days would be selfishness, self-centredness and inconsideration of others.
1. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 Perilous Times and Perilous Men “But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!”
2. But for those of us who are The Elect of God, He says this to us: “Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.” Philippians 2:4
B. If you are fully focused on yourself and hardly think of others, you have been overtaken by the bug of the last days.
1. If all your prayer points are centred on yourself and your family, you will need The Further Work of Grace to sanctify you.
2. When you are filled with The Compassion of Jesus, other people’s interests will be paramount in your heart.
3. You will not want to offend them, and you will think more about their wellbeing.
4. You will also intercede for people with various challenges in your extended family, church, community, state or nation.
5. If you are struggling with helping others, you need to allow The Holy Spirit work on your mind to bring it in conformity with the mind of Christ.
C. When you manifest The Mind of Christ, genuine humility will be seen in you.
1. The Mind of Christ will affect the way you run your business, ministry, family, etc.
2. It will affect your love for those under you and the level of sacrifice you are willing to make for God and His people.
3. Jesus could give up His life for many because of the kind of Mindset He had.
4. If you have The Mind of Christ, regardless of the number of Signs, Wonders and Miracles God has done through you, you will be unable to boss people around, virtually expecting people to worship you.
5. If you have The Mind of Christ, you will be a true servant leader, and you will obey God without conditions or limits.
6. Only the fellow manifesting The Mind of Christ will be able to give anything The Lord requests of him or her.
7. With this mindset, just like Paul, you will be prepared to suffer any hardship, take any risk and even lose your life for Jesus.
D. Acts 21:8-14 “On the next day we who were Paul’s companions departed and came to Caesarea, and entered the house of Philip the evangelist, who was one of the seven, and stayed with him.
1. Now this man had four virgin daughters who prophesied.
2. And as we stayed many days, a certain prophet named Agabus came down from Judea.
3. When he had come to us, he took Paul’s belt, bound his own hands and feet, and said, “Thus says the Holy Spirit, ‘So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man who owns this belt, and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.’ ”
4. Now when we heard these things, both we and those from that place pleaded with him not to go up to Jerusalem.
5. Then Paul answered, “What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.”
6. So when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, “The will of the Lord be done.”
7. With the mind of Christ, you will be able to say like Paul, “For to me to live in Christ, and to die is gain.” Philippians 1:21
Ask that The Spirit of Holiness will be manifest in the Body of Christ worldwide in The Name of Jesus. Amen!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : Mark 12-13 and Isaiah 18
AUTHOR : Pastor E. A ADEBOYE
HYMN:I GAVE MY LIFE FOR THEE
1. I gave My life for thee, My precious blood I shed,�That thou might ransomed be, and raised up from the dead�I gave, I gave My life for thee, what hast thou given for Me?�I gave, I gave My life for thee, what hast thou given for Me?
2.My Father’s house of light, My glory circled throne�I left for earthly night, for wanderings sad and lone;�I left, I left it all for thee, hast thou left aught for Me?�I left, I left it all for thee, hast thou left aught for Me?
3.I suffered much for thee, more than thy tongue can tell,�Of bitterest agony, to rescue thee from hell.�I’ve borne, I’ve borne it all for thee, what hast thou borne for Me?�I’ve borne, I’ve borne it all for thee, what hast thou borne for Me?
4.And I have brought to thee, down from My home above,�Salvation full and free, My pardon and My love;�I bring, I bring rich gifts to thee, what hast thou brought to Me?�I bring, I bring rich gifts to thee, what hast thou brought to Me?
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!