OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL…
DATE: THURSDAY 9TH FEBRUARY 2017
THEME: A KING UNDER THE KING
“And hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be Glory and Dominion forever and ever. Amen. Revelation 1:6
Read: 2 Samuel 6:20-23
6:20. Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself!
6:21. And David said unto Michal, It was before The Lord, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of The Lord, over Israel: therefore will I play before The Lord.
6:22. And I will yet be more vile than thus, and will be base in mine own sight: and of the maidservants which thou hast spoken of, of them shall I be had in honour.
6:23. Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.
A. The patronage a brand enjoys and the loyalty of its customers is determined by the reputation of its manufacturer.
1. This applies also to The Children of God.
2. Whose brand are you? Who is your manufacturer? What reputation and goodwill does your manufacturer enjoy in the market place? For how long have you been in the market? What adverse market conditions have you overcome? What are your strategic selling points?
3. I am excited to declare that I am A Child of The Most High God.
4. The Almighty God, Who is The Maker of The Heavens and The Earth, is My Creator.
5. There was no fault in My Design because I was Fearfully and Wonderfully made in The Image of God.
6. My Father’s Reputation is staked on the fact that He is The Dame Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.
7. He is The Oldest and yet The Newest.
8. Through Him, I have overcome defeat in every aspect of life.
9. Sickness cannot have me! Poverty cannot come near me! Failure is far from me! Stagnation is not in my destiny! Barrenness is alien to me and I have no appointment with destruction. My selling point is that I have The Joy of The Lord because I Am A Child of God!
C. As A Child of God, you are not to run from problems; problems should be running from you.
1. As A Child of God, you have been created to be a terror to the kingdom of darkness.
2. There should never be a report of you being terrorised by anything.
3. Although Goliath had been terrorising The Children of God for a long time, when a king under The King got there, his threat came to an end (1 Samuel 17:3-51).
4. Today, I prophesy into your life that every Goliath in your home, finances, ministry, business and career shall be brought down in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
5. As a king, you are expected to command every negative situation out of your life.
6. These situations have ears and they can hear you.
7. That impossible situation is awaiting your command.
8. Jeremiah 1:9-10 says, “Then The Lord put forth His Hand and touched my mouth and The Lord said unto me; behold I have put My Words in thy mouth, see I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out and to pull down and to destroy, and to throw down, to build and to plant.”
D. One of my beloved sons who has gone to be with the Lord, would always say that you should not complain about what you permit.
1. So if there is anything you are complaining about, it is because you have permitted the devil for too long.
2. Command him to pack his bags out of your family! Out of your body and Out of your business.
3. Those who know their God shall be strong and do exploits.
If you don’t know who you are, you will not know your authority.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN: O WORSHIP THE KING!
1.O worship the King,
all glorious above!
O gratefully sing
his power and his love!
Our shield and defender,
the Ancient of Days,
pavilioned in splendor,
and girded with praise.
2.O tell of his might!
O sing of his grace!
Whose robe is the light,
whose canopy space.
His chariots of wrath
the deep thunderclouds form,
and dark is his path
on the wings of the storm.
3.The earth, with its store
of wonders untold,
Almighty, thy power
hath founded of old,
hath ‘stablished it fast
by a changeless decree,
and round it hath cast,
like a mantle, the sea.
4.Thy bountiful care,
what tongue can recite?
It breathes in the air;
it shines in the light;
it streams from the hills,
it descends to the plain,
and sweetly distills
in the dew and the rain.
5.Frail children of dust,
and feeble as frail,
in thee do we trust,
nor find thee to fail;
thy mercies, how tender!
How firm to the end!
Our Maker, Defender,
Redeemer, and Friend!
6.O measureless Might,
while angels delight
to worship thee above,
the humbler creation,
though feeble their lays,
with true adoration
shall all sing thy praise.
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!