OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL…
DATE: WEDNESDAY 22ND FEBRUARY 2017
THEME: VICTORY THROUGH PRAISE
“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;”
2 Corinthians 10:4
Read: 2 Chronicles 20:21-26
20:21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto The Lord, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the Lord; for his mercy endureth for ever.
20:22 And when they began to sing and to Praise, The Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
20:23 For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another.
20:24 And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped.
20:25 And when Jehoshaphat and his people came to take away the spoil of them, they found among them in abundance both riches with the dead bodies, and precious jewels, which they stripped off for themselves, more than they could carry away: and they were three days in gathering of the spoil, it was so much.
20:26 And on the fourth day they assembled themselves in the valley of Berachah; for there they blessed the Lord: therefore the name of the same place was called, The valley of Berachah, unto this day.
A. The easiest way to access victory in the kingdom of God is through praise.
1. Each time we praise The Name of The Lord, great and marvellous things are bound to happen.
2. If you are a believer and you do not yet know the essence of praise, you are missing a lot of blessings, opportunities and privileges.
3. Our God is all-powerful, all-knowing and He is The Almighty.
4. The moment we are committed to the realm of praise, things begin to happen at His Command.
5. There are people who have been knocking on certain doors of opportunities before now, but to no avail.
6. Why don’t you try praise? You will be surprised at how fast those doors will open.
7. The fact that you are Praising The One that is Higher than the highest should give you the assurance that your case is settled.
8. Praise to God is an indication of absolute trust in Him.
9. Those who put their confidence in God will always praise Him until they receive their victory, and even after receiving their victory, they still praise Him.
10. It is the desire of The Almighty God that all His Children should move from one level of victory to the other.
11. When The People of God Praise Him, infirmities, yokes, bondage, barrenness and all the works of the devil are destroyed.
12. In The Realm of Praise, every limitation gives way.
13. In the battle of life, some are victors while some are victims.
14. I decree into your life that you will continue to enjoy The Victory of The Lord in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
B. Victors know how to move God into action.
1. God is looking for people who can move Him through their praise.
2. Such people will enjoy His mercy instead of receiving His judgement.
3. Praise is the most powerful instrument we can use to move God.
4. The whole of creation was designed to praise God.
5. Psalms 150:5 “Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with clashing cymbals!”
6. Psalms 148:2 “Praise Him, all His angels; Praise Him, all His Hosts!
7. The greatest assignment of Angels in Heaven is Praising God.
8. Revelation 4:8-9 “The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying: “Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!”
9. Whenever the Living Creatures give Glory and Honour and Thanks to Him Who sits on The Throne, Who lives forever and ever,
10. When we get to Heaven, our assignment will be to keep praising God.
11. Revelation 7:14-15 “And I said to him, “Sir, you know.” So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in The Blood of The Lamb. Therefore they are before The Throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His Temple. And He who sits on The Throne will dwell among them.”
12. Psalms 145:2 “Every day I will Bless You, And I will praise Your Name forever and ever.”
13. Praise has greater impact whenever we come together to offer it to God, because His throne is set wherever His People are praising Him.
14. Psalms 22:3 “But You are Holy, Enthroned in the praises of Israel.”
C. When you bow before God in Praise, you are showing that He alone is The Most High.
1. Jehoshaphat enjoyed The Victory of The Lord without fighting a battle!
2. This is what praise can do.
3. While the enemies were gathering their mercenaries and weapons of war against Judah, The People of God gathered momentum for Praise.
4. They believed in The Victory of The Lord by faith, and all their enemies were smitten before them.
5. From today, as you Praise The Lord, He will stand in your place and take over every battle of your life, and your victory shall be total in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Father, let Your Praise never cease from my lips in The Name of Jesus. Amen!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN: SONGS OF PRAISE THE ANGELS SANG!
1. 1 Songs of praise the angels sang,
heaven with alleluias rang,
when creation was begun,
when God spake and it was done.
2. Songs of praise awoke the morn
when the Prince of peace was born;
songs of praise arose when he
captive led captivity.
3. Heaven and earth must pass away;
songs of praise shall crown that day:
God will make new heavens and earth;
songs of praise shall hail their birth.
4. And shall we alone be dumb
till that glorious kingdom come?
No, the church delights to raise
psalms and hymns and songs of praise.
5. Saints below, with heart and voice,
still in songs of praise rejoice;
learning here, by faith and love,
songs of praise to sing above.
6. Hymns of glory, songs of praise,
Father, unto thee we raise,
Jesu, glory unto thee,
with the Spirit, ever be.
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!