“For she said within herself, If I may but touch His Garment, I shall be whole.” Matthew 9:21
Read: Luke 13:11-16
13:11. And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself.
13:12. And when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him, and said unto her, woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity.
13:13. And He laid His Hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.
13:14. And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, there are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day.
13:15. The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his ass from the stall, and lead him away to watering?
13:16. And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?
A. As children of God living in times of advanced technological developments, one truth we must never lose consciousness of is that God is still in The Business of Healing People.
1. Some may want to ask why God still cares about healing people, since He has endowed humanity with laudable insights into the causes and cures of various sicknesses and diseases.
2. The answer is not far-fetched: there are sicknesses that are not of physical origin; rather, they are demonically inflicted.
3. Orthodox medicine is incapable of healing such sicknesses.
4. Although orthodox medicine will always have a name for every sickness or disease it is confronted with, the truth of the matter is, some of these afflictions have their operations being supervised from the pit of Hell.
5. Today’s Bible text tells the story of a woman who was bound by the spirit of infirmity for eighteen years.
6. Jesus Christ ministered deliverance to her, and He set her loose from that bondage of sickness.
7. We might not have known the source of her infirmity, but for the opposition voiced against her being healed on the Sabbath day.
8. Jesus, in His Response to the objections raised, revealed the source of this woman’s infirmity to be Satan.
9. ln Luke 13:16 He said: “And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?”
B. Nevertheless, the good news is: irrespective of whether a sickness stems from demonic or physical sources, The Almighty God is still interested in Healing His People of all ailments afflicting them, especially those who believe in what He is capable of doing.
1. In Jeremiah 32:27, The Lord Himself challenges us with this question: “Behold, I Am The Lord, The God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?”
2. By this, He is telling us that since He Created the human body, He cannot be incapable of fixing any problem that may arise within it.
3. Automobile manufacturers cannot be incapable of fixing problems emanating from their inventions.
4. In the worst case scenario, they will replace a problematic part of an automobile, and the whole system will bounce back to life.
5. Even if automobile manufacturers cannot fix the problems of their inventions, The Almighty God can fix His.
6. There is no sickness too small to attract God’s attention; neither is there any sickness too big to intimidate Him.
7. The onus is on you to develop the living faith that will attract His Healing Hands to perform The Needed Miracle on you.
8. My prayer for you is that your body will receive Divine Healing today in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Father, please lay Your Healing Hands on me and heal all my infirmities in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Leviticus 10-12; Jeremiah 7:27-8:3
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN: THE GREAT PHYSICIAN!
1.The great Physician now is near,
The sympathizing Jesus;
He speaks the drooping heart to cheer,
Oh! hear the voice of Jesus.
Sweetest note in seraph song,
Sweetest name on mortal tongue;
Sweetest carol ever sung,
Jesus, blessed Jesus.
2.Your many sins are all forgiven,
Oh! hear the voice of Jesus;
Go on your way in peace to heaven,
and wear a crown with Jesus.
3.All glory to the risen Lamb!
l now believe in Jesus;
I love the blessed Savior’s name,
| love the name of Jesus.
4.His Name dispels my guilt and fear,
No other name but Jesus;
Oh! how my soul delights to hear
The charming name of Jesus.
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!